Belonging to the Villages of Kensington (VoK) means having access to our revolving program of interesting activities keeping you active and engaged in our community. It's a place to meet and make new friends!
- Would you like to get out and do something different and fun?
- Would you like to meet some new neighbors and maybe make new friends?
- Have you found to your dismay your social network has dwindled?
- Have you been stuck and needed transportation because of a temporary or permanent disability and can’t get out to do errands or to healthcare visits?
- Would you like to learn (or learn more) about using a computer, tablet, or smartphone?
- Do you need assistance with minor house repairs (even changing a hard-to-reach light bulb) or with pulling weeds or other minor yard work?
- Would you like to put your skills to use and meet others in the neighborhood?
If you’ve answered “yes” to these or similar questions, you are not alone!
The Villages of Kensington is for you! Join us!
Also, sometimes we all need a hand sometimes doing an errand or chore. VoK’s vetted & trained volunteers can help with a ride to the doctor, a friendly visit, or help with chores. It could entail picking up a few items at the supermarket or someone to accompany you to a healthcare appointment.
The Villages of Kensington (VoK) is a nonprofit, all-volunteer organization of neighbors connecting with neighbors. We formalize, expand and enhance the neighborly supports and networks already in place in some Kensington locations.
VoK supports the intergenerational quality-of-life needs of all residents in Kensington, Maryland (20895).
Questions? Comments? Contact us at email@example.com or call (301) 509-0191 and leave a message; we'll return your call within 24 hours.